PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.27.2012

Nursery Lighting

I haven't given a nursery update in awhile, but we've had an exciting few weeks! We were gifted our crib and mattress by my mother-in-law, along with a dresser that was in Matthew's grandmom's house. We also just got the rocking chair that we had refinished and reupholstered. The chair (pictures to come!) was originally given by my mother to her sister when she was pregnant with her first. It found its way to me in very poor condition, so my mom had it completely restored, and it looks beautiful!

Everything is starting to come together except for the lighting. I can't make up my mind! We're trying to stay under $200. Here's what I'm looking at now.

Honeycomb Chandelier - 169.00
Flower Drum Shade - 259.00
Metal Cloverleaf Lantern - 119.99

Grey Wire Pendant - 129.00


 
 
Thoughts? I like the metal cloverleaf but I'm afraid it might be too small in the room and not give off enough light. I also really like the grey wire pendant. The flower shade has been a favorite of mine for a long time (I would get it in the antiqued brass though), but I don't know if it's worth the money AND if we have a boy does it seem too girly? Thoughts on the honeycomb chandelier from World Market?

Would love suggestions - thanks!


- Melina


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I adore the Ikea Maskros light...I have heard it is a pain to assemble, but it's amazing and perfect for a nursery.

    ReplyDelete