PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.13.2012

Greek Inspired Home

Greek inspired home
Our family is Greek - not just sorority Greek, but actually "Opa" Greek. This week, I've been feeling our heritage more strongly than ever. My 4-year-old daughter Evelyn - we call her Evie - started Greek dancing lessons on Wednesday in preparation for the Greek Festival in September, and yesterday I attended a luncheon for all the Greek ladies at our church with my lovely Yiayia (our word for grandma). Our Yiayia (and my girls' Great Yiayia) is the most stylish, social and adorable lady out there. At 80, she still gets her nails and hair done each week (jealous!) and has a social calendar to rival anyone half her age. This week, I'm reminded of how lucky we are to come from a long line of Greek women who juggled family, home and work - and still made time for lunching with the ladies and the occasional manicure. Plus, being Greek is so en vogue, right? Love all the Greek-inspired picks for the home, shown above. By the way, this is my first-ever Polyvore board, can you tell?!

No comments:

Post a Comment