PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.06.2012

Work It Girl

I don't love to work out. I do love to eat. Not a great combo, especially now that I'm in my 30s and a mom of two. Boo!

For the last few months, I've been dabbling at Weight Watchers, losing about seven pounds just by eating a little bit better. Still many splurges, but I've been keeping track and doing okay. Not great, but not terrible either.

I know I need to work out, but there are so many excuses. I'm a busy mom. I stay home with the girls. I also work. I'm tired ... the list goes on and on! But I'm going to make a change! You are my witnesses - don't let me back down!

Last night, I convinced my former yogi friend Alicia to join me for a mixed flow class at Darling Yoga in Overland Park. It was amazing!



The class was super challenging for me, a total yoga novice, but it was a supportive environment and I felt like a got a great workout. And the end part - what's it called? Oh it was wonderful. The teacher had this star projector so when she dimmed the lights, it was magical, and gave us each mini massages. She had some kind of yummy smelling lotion, and it was all just so soothing and peaceful.

Then this morning, I shocked my body at Fusion Fitness at Mission Farms in Leawood.



I have never worked out so hard in my life! The moves were really tough - even for those who seemed to know what they were doing (not me!), and I have to admit ... there were a few times I felt like I might throw up/pass out. But it was motivating too. Just about everyone in the class, and it was packed, had amazing bodies. AND they appear to be just like me - 30-something year old moms, many who probably work and take care of kiddos too. No excuses, we were all there by 6 a.m., way before our kids ever opened their eyes - and I left feeling completely worn out and so sweaty gross, but excited too. These classes at Fusion could be just what I need!

Tomorrow I'm signed up for another morning class - this one at 5:30 AM - and I hope to take another yoga class at Darling Yoga on Saturday.

I hope I can do it! Let me know if you have any suggestions - how you stay motivated, where you work out, how to balance family/work exercise? I'd love to hear from you!

Photobucket
- Kara

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. BAR METHOD! The best ever. Seriously changed my thighs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Kara- awesome! I take a yoga class every Monday morning...a great way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete