PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.18.2012

Edit Visits: Parlor, A Blowdry and Beauty Bar


Last week we went to Matthew's work holiday party. The last few years I've really enjoyed getting ready for this festive event, but this year was a little different. I was feeling very LARGE, wasn't excited about the maternity dress I had to wear and knew I'd be sober the entire time. :) It was safe to say I needed a little pick-me-up, so I headed to the Plaza and went to Parlor Blowdry and Beauty Bar.

This is what they had to work with (yikes!).



Parlor opened this fall and this was my first time using their services. If you're not familiar with blow dry bars, they are awesome salons that just offer a wash, blow dry and style for a fairly low price. Parlor charges $35 for the wash, dry and style. You can choose from several different hair styles such as beachy waves, stick straight, beauty queen volume, power pony and more. I chose a combination of volume with a beach wave.

It was so nice to have my hair washed and blown out. My poor stylist didn't get to talk much because I was zoned out. I literally thought I was going to fall asleep in my chair. So relaxing!

The space is super modern and girly. I loved the yellow and white chevron painted walls, glossy white furniture and gorgeous chandeliers. It's a great place to have a girls night. You can rent out the space and bring in food and beverages. They do serve wine and cocktails while you're there too. I opted for a chocolate chip cookie.




So how was the final product? Overall, I was pleased with the process. I enjoyed having my hair washed and fixed, but I wasn't blown away (pun intended!) by the style. It was nice not having to do it myself, but I could have done something similar. Let's put it this way, I didn't get any compliments on my hair at the holiday party, nor did my husband really notice. They style didn't hold up for a second day either, though I'm moving around in my sleep a lot lately, so that could be why.

Here's the after shot.



If you're looking for a dramatic hair makeover, this wouldn't be the place to go. But if you're looking for a little pampering with girlfriends, I would definitely recommend Parlor.

Here's a shot of us at the party!




- Melina



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Melina, what a great blog, i just happened upon it on facebook and you're in KC, how cool! I'll definitely have to check out your boutique! Michal Crouse

    ReplyDelete