PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.27.2013

Shopping for a Cause

Tonight, Melina and I get to do two things we love - shop and support one of our clients! Isn't it amazing when life works out that way?! It's WORK honey, I promise : )


For the last few weeks, we've been planning a "girls night out" at Tulip, a locally-owned boutique on the Country Club Plaza. 

The event will help raise money for The Mission Project, a local nonprofit that helps young adults with developmental disabilities like Down syndrome and autism live and work on their own with minimal support, as well as First Downs for Down Syndrome, another amazing group that raises money and awareness for those with Down syndrome here in Kansas City.

Both groups are gearing up for their big fundraiser - the 6th Annual Run for the Roses Kentucky Derby Gala coming up Saturday, May 4 at the Carriage Club in Kansas City.


To help support the Gala, Robin, the lovely and generous owner of Tulip, offered to host a benefit shopping night. Melina and I, of course, said "let's invite the bloggers!"

So ... we have some amazing bloggers coming as part of the KC Blogger Meetup, as well as supporters of The Mission Project.

Good friend Alicia Alba will be photographing the night's festivities, which will include sips and snacks from The Granfalloon, goody bags, giveaways, lots of adorable clothes ... and Derby-style hats of course!

I can't wait to see everyone try on these gorgeous, over-the-top hats! I hope to find one myself for the upcoming Gala - this will be my third year, and it's about time I had a really cool hat. Plus I have my eye on a red floral dress ...

And did I mention nearly everything at Tulip is under $100? Love it!

We'll be posting pictures on Thursday!

Photobucket
- Kara

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I look forward to seeing the pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete