|Photo by Alicia Abla Studio|
This summer, I need to come up with a few new adventures. Here's what I have in mind:
- Sign the girls up for an art class or two at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art - the museum is a new client!
- Go berry picking - strawberries, blueberries, whatever ... we just need to cross this one off the list so I can stop feeling like a bad mom who's kids think their food only comes from Price Chopper or Chick fil-a
- Shop the Overland Park Farmer's Market - again with the guilt : )
- Ride bikes (and rent them in Seaside)
- Have a lemonade stand - have you seen this adorable sign at Pottery Barn Kids?
- Play in the sprinkler
- Tennis camp - my favorite when I was young. The girls are both signed up through Leawood.
- Visit St. Louis
- Spend a week in Nixa - this one is for the girls, not Mark and me - whoo-hoo!
- Picnic whenever possible
- Enjoy an adults only weekend at the lake with our besties from Nashville, Denver and Kansas City!
- Cheer for Evie playing t-ball for the first time with a bunch of other incoming kinders at Trailwood
- Visit the zoo ... in the morning ... and ride the trains. I am no longer pushing a double stroller with two 40-pound children in it all the way to Africa and back. Boo.
- Tour Shatto Farms - will the girls love this? Not sure, but we have to try.
- Sleep in! This one is for Nora and me; no one else will sleep past sun-up.
What are you planning for this summer? Any adventures we're missing? We'd love to hear from you!